Dana Cup and Nike – Just do it!
New long-term agreement is in place
Nike - the World’s largest sports brand is the new official kit supplier for Fortuna Hjørring’s Gjensidige Women’s team and will be on the field when Dana Cup kicks off again in 2021.
The new agreement will extend over the next five years. Nike has the same DNA as both our International Youth Soccer Tournament and our leading Danish Football team, Fortuna Hjørring. All three have a strong desire - to unite the world through sport and on an equal playing field for all.
- We look forward to our unification with Nike as we move into a new decade with our prestigious Dana Cup tournament and women’s football club, Fortuna Hjørring – says Director of the Dana Cup, Jette Andersen.
- We know that Nike strive to bring innovation and inspiration to every athlete in the world. Through Nike, we can inspire our Dana Cup participants and our players in Fortuna Hjørring. Our vision and values, demand strong partners and we certainly have that with Nike and SPORTMASTER.
- As a Commercial Officer, I am proud that Nike and SPORTMASTER have chosen to collaborate with the World’s third largest youth soccer tournament! They both see numerous possibilities within the partnership – says Mads Toudal Larsen.
- For us, working with the World’s largest sports brand helps to raise the bar for both the Dana Cup and Fortuna Hjørring. They fit perfectly together with our other strong partners.
At the same time as we unite with Nike, we would like to thank New Balance for a fantastic partnership. We wish them all the best!
- Nike Team is proud to collaborate with dedicated teams; Fortuna Hjørring has shown over many years and in impressive fashion, that they are one of these teams. We are certain that the hard work and dedication shown through the clubs members and fans in Fortuna, symbolizes Nike in the best manner. We are also looking forward to our partnership with the Dana Cup in 2021 and to welcome you to the Nike family. Your amazing work, both on and off the field, reflect Nike in the best possible way with a common goal to bring inspiration and innovation to athletes all around the world – says Frank René Jensen – Nike Team in Denmark.
August is the official start of the new established partnership, on one side Fortuna and Dana Cup Hjørring and on the other side Nike and SPORTMASTER. It is a four-leaf clover that will collectively have great significance, not only in Hjørring but also for women's football throughout Denmark.
The strong teams are: