Opening ceremony on Monday
The tournament will start with a collective march into Nord Energi Arena on Monday the 22nd of July at 19.30.
First rounds on Tuesday and Wednesday
The teams are divided into groups of 4 or possibly 5 teams for an all-play-all tournament.
Second rounds on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
The second round will operate on a knock out basis. The first and second ranked teams from the first rounds will play in the second round A, while the remaining teams will play in the second round B.
Finals in the 7:7 classes will be played on Friday, the A finals in classes G18-19, G17 and G13 and the B-finals in classes G18-19 and G13. All other finals will be played on Saturday. See the program for the finals here
Age limits 2024
- B18-19 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2005 or later
- B17 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2007 or later
- B16 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2008 or later
- B16 Boys (7:7) born 1.1.2008 or later
- B15 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2009 or later
- B14 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2010 or later
- B14 Boys (7:7) born 1.1.2010 or later
- B13 Boys (11:11) born 1.1.2011 or later
- B12 Boys (7:7) born 1.1.2012 or later
- B11 Boys (7:7) born 1.1.2013 or later
- G18-19 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2005 or later
- G17 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2007 or later
- G16 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2008 or later
- G16 Girls (7:7) born 1.1.2008 or later
- G15 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2009 or later
- G14 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2010 or later
- G14 Girls (7:7) born 1.1.2010 or later
- G13 Girls (11:11) born 1.1.2011 or later
- G12 Girls (7:7) born 1.1.2012 or later
Age Requirements etc.
There is an automatic dispensation to include 2 players on the participant list, who are 1 year over the age limit (only 1 player in 7:7 teams).
Any player with the correct age limit can participate on two teams from the same club. The two teams must not be in the same class. The classes with both 11:11 and 7:7 are considered the same class.
Girls can participate in classes for boys, as long as they are the correct age.
Participants must be able to show valid identification.
Each team can maximum use 7 substitutes per game in the 11:11 classes.
In the 7:7 classes, you can use as many substitutes as you wish.
All players can be substituted out and in again, free substitution.
Class - Qualifying - Playoffs & Finals
B18-19, B17, B16, B15 - G18-19, G17, G16 & G15 - 2 x 25 min.
B14, B13, B12, B11 - G14, G13 & G12 - 2 x 20 min.
Games are played daily from 07.30 to 21.30.
- Certificates for all participants (Print yourself)
- Photo of each team (1 per team)
- Plaque for each group winner (1 per team)
- Trophy and medals to teams in the A semi-finals and finals
- Trophy to teams in the B finals
- A special prize for the best player in each A-final
- A special trophy for the best visiting club
- Trophy to the nominated Fair Play teams (1 girl and 1 boy´s team)
Dana Cup participants with the A-band and D-band * (D-band with hotel or other booked via the Dana Cup) can order bus transport to and from their accommodation on arrival and departure from the following destinations:
- ferry in Frederikshavn, Hirtshals or Grenaa
- plane in Aalborg or Aarhus
- train in Hjørring
Transport on arrival and departure must be ordered via your club login and by the latest date, the 1st of July.
It is also possible to order bus transport on arrival and departure if you use other destinations such as: Billund, Esbjerg, Copenhagen, Hamburg etc. Contact Dana Cup for further information or to make a booking.
There are Dana Cup buses running between the bus terminal (Hestkærvej) in the center area and the schools that are more than 2 kms from the center area. There are also buses running between the bus terminal and the playing fields outside the center area.
A-Band - Free transport with Dana Cup buses between the school accommodation, bus terminal and also between the bus terminal and playing fields.
D-Band and Dana Cup-Band - Free transport with Dana Cup buses between the bus terminal and playing fields.
Accommodation is in a school or a hall.
Participants must bring their own mattresses and sleeping bags. It is possible to rent a mattress or bed through the Dana Cup.
The general dates for the school accommodation are from Monday to Saturday. The maximum length of stay without extra costs for accommodation is from Saturday to Sunday.
We can also assist with upgrades from the school accommodation (A-bands) to hotels, camping etc. (D-bands).
Hotels are always cheapest via the Dana Cup.
Accompanying parents / supporters
Visiting parents and relatives are increasing their attendance at the Dana Cup all the time. This family getaway has become an annual event and a good tradition for many families. Dana Cup can offer fantastic assistance to parents and relatives.
We can offer accommodation in hotels, youth hostels, camping etc. Hotels are always cheapest via the Dana Cup. For further information click here
Breakfast is served on your accommodation.
Lunch and dinner is served in the FiberHallen in the Dana Cup center area.
Teams arriving early or departing a day later can order extra meals on their school.
Read more about our meals and menu
Every club that is accommodated by the Dana Cup (A-band) will receive 2 invitations. Leaders with the (D-band) can purchase an invitation. The invitation gives entrance to a huge leader meeting on Tuesday night where we hand out the Dana Cup leader t-shirt.
Read more about our leader meeting
Start and participation fees
Each team will pay a start fee.
All players, trainers, leaders and others with accommodation in a school will pay a participation fee (A-band).
Players, trainers and leaders who do not have accommodation on a school will also pay a participation fee (D-band).
Your entry form and start fee must reach the Dana Cup by the latest date the 1st of May, 2024.
The participation fee must reach the Dana Cup by the latest date the 25th of May, 2024.
Read more about the start and participation fees
You can register online here
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
We look forward to seeing you here at the Dana Cup Hjørring.